BIOS Our team is different. Our diversity is unique. We understand where business and law intersect and are well versed in operating on that plane.
Jennifer Kasman represents clients across the country in all areas of business and real estate. Drawing on her top-tier law firm experience from both international corporate and boutique real estate firms, she represents real estate portfolio owners, institutions and entrepreneurs on real estate, finance, creditors’ rights and corporate transactions. Prior to founding JR KASMAN, PLLC, Jennifer worked as a partner at a DC-based law firm. She has routinely represented Fortune ranked institutions and a wide array of regional and local businesses.
- Representation of real estate and corporate clients on over $4.5 billion dollars of transactions
- Preparation and negotiation of joint venture and development agreements relating to all varieties of commercial real estate asset classes
- Counsel to landlords and tenants on commercial lease agreements and amendments
- Representation of borrowers on construction, permanent and bridge loans, CMBS lending transactions and lines of credit
- Working with local counsel to represent sellers on transactions involving assets in 23 states
- Representation of buyers in connection with the acquisition of shopping centers, office and multi-family properties
- Acting as Washington region local counsel for out-of-state law firms and organizations
- Representation of national financial institutions, regional lenders, private lenders and community lenders in connection with lending transactions and enforcement of remedies including foreclosures, bankruptcy, deed in lieu transactions, loan modifications and workout agreements
- Representation of a full range of clients in connection with endorsement agreements, technology agreements, employment agreements and general business contracts
- Assisting startup ventures across the range of business types including consulting, medical practice and photography
- Assembling and managing teams of specialized non-real estate lawyers and professionals in connection with the closing of commercial transactions, real estate projects, mergers and acquisitions
EducationBrooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, NY Juris Doctor, cum laude, May 2005 University of Maryland, College Park, MD Bachelor of Arts in Government and Politics, May 2002
Professional Activities“DCBIA” District of Columbia Building Industry Association
PublicationsConsiderations In A Judicial Foreclosure State GlobeSt.com, October 12, 2010 Uncertain Times; Uncertain Tax Real Estate Finance Journal (Winter 2011 Issue)
Bar AdmissionsDistrict of Columbia Maryland Virginia New York United States Supreme Court United States District Court – District of Columbia
Yasmin Egge is an intellectual property, business and real estate lawyer that brings over seven years of top-tier law firm experience to JR KASMAN, PLLC. Prior to joining JR KASMAN, PLLC she practiced in both the U.S. and Europe with two highly ranked international corporate law firms. Yasmin has primarily represented several high profile and luxury brands in the financial, technology, energy, and hospitality industries. She currently focuses her practice on conducting due diligence, negotiating purchase and sale agreements, preparing operating agreements, forming business entities and negotiating lease and license agreements. Yasmin holds both a U.S. law degree and a Master of Laws (LL.M.) in International Law from the University of Alicante in Spain. Yasmin is fluent in Spanish and Farsi.
Education:Magister Lvcentinvs, University of Alicante, Master of Laws in International Intellectual Property (LL.M.), 2006 California Western School of Law, J.D., 2005 Villanova University, B.A., cum laude, 2002
Publications:The Intellectual Property & Technology Law Journal: “Personal Jurisdiction in Cyberspace: Where Does it Begin, and Where Does it End?” January, 2011 The National Law Journal: “Valuing Brands: Trying to Make the Vague Precise” October, 2008
Bar Admissions & Professional Licenses:California D.C. Real Estate Licenses in DC, Maryland and Virginia
Phone: 202–870-5122 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org